The Simflofy Microsoft Outlook Client is an integration with Outlook that allows users to either add or drag and drop emails into a Simflofy retention schedule or file plan.
On the right-hand side you will see the Simflofy Pane which shows a file tree for available retention schedules. You can right-click on any schedule to mark it as a favorite. Clicking on the Show favorites only box will display only the schedules that have been marked as favorites.
Declare as A Record
Declaring an email as a record adds it to a retention schedule set up in the TSearch Records Management Module There are two ways you can declare an email as a record and add them to a retention schedule
- Select one or more than one email
- Drag and drop them onto the desired retention schedule
- Click the Send to Background button to continue working while the move takes place
- Select one or more than one email
- Right-click on one of the selected emails
- Select Simflofy from the menu
- Select Declare Record
- Select the Retention Schedule
As the emails are added they are declared as a record In the focus pane you will see an R next to the emails that have been made records Adding emails to a schedule will also add them to a Declared Record Category
If you have Show Favorites Only checked, only the schedules starred as favorites will show up in the options to add a record to.
- Right-Click on the email
- Go to Simflofy in the menu
- Select Add Hold
- Select the hold you would like to apply
You can also use the Hold View to drag and drop emails to available Legal holds
Next to the email you will see a lock icon indicating this email is now on hold. Adding an email record to a hold will move it from the declared record category to the Records on Hold category
When an email is declared as a record, Simflofy moves it to the Records Management server leaving a link to the email in Outlook.
Select Click to retrieve document in order to view the full email.
Simflofy Add-In Settings
Select Simflofy from the top menu to vew the add-in settings
From here you can:
- Show and Hide the Declare Records Pane
- Show and Hide the Legal Hold Pane
- Synchronize all records with Simflofy
- View Configurations
- View logs
- Manage Auto Classification Rules
The Outlook Add-in allows users to set up rules that will automatically mark certain emails as records and add them to a set schedule based on the settings of the rule.
Select Manage Auto Classification Rules under Simflofy in the top menu. From here you can see which rules have been set up. It will show you the rule name, folder, keywords, schedule and ID.
To view a rule or make changes to one select the rule and click Change Rule.
You can click on Execute Rule to run the rule against any emails in the targeted folder.
Click on Delete Rule to remove it from the list.
To create a rule select New Rule and enter the following conditions:
- Rule Name: Give the rule a name
- Keywords/Phrases: Use the plus sign to add keywords that Simflofy will look for in the subject and/or body to find emails that fit the rule
- Uncheck Search Subject or Search Body to only search in the subject or body of the email
- To remove a keyword, select the word and select Remove Keyword
- Folders: Drag the folders you want to include in the auto classification into the box on the right
- Check the Include Subfolders box to search through folders within the folder
- Select the Retention Schedule you want to add to the emails that match the rule as the emails are marked as records
- You have the option to Execute Rule When Outlook Starts . You can also execute rules from the Rules List if you don't want this to happen automatically
The Configuration Dialog is where the following settings are kept:
- Simflofy API URL
- Simflofy Connector ID
- Simflofy Search Connector ID
- Email Body Preview Length
- User Id
- Simflofy Target Folder Id
- Synchronize on Startup
- Auto Close Progress On Completion