No authentication connection is needed to set up CSV connectors, as it reads from the local filesystem.
Viewing the discovery schema instances will show you a table of all available Discovery Instances, this table can be sorted by Name, Type, and Collection.
Discovery Instance Fields
- Name: Instance Name
- Ignore Types: List of types to ignore, not used for CSV
- CSV File Path: Full path to the CSV File.
- CSV Type: If blank, the type on the fields will be csv filename with periods replaced with '_'
The CSV (Comma Separated Values ) connection is an integration connector that can merge metadata stored in a csv file with external binaries from a filesystem. The binaries are optional depending on configuration.
Integration Connection Fields
- Connection Name: This is a unique name given to the connector instance upon creation.
- Description: A description of the connector to help identify it better.
Repository Connection Configurations
All of these fields will appear in a Job Specification where the CSV connector is the repository.
- CSV File Info
- File Field Mapping
- CSV File Path: Path to the CSV file
- CSV Type: CSV Type. Will be prepended to all properties. If blank, the type will be the
- Separator Character: The character that separates each field value, also called a delimiter. Default is comma (,)
- Escape Character: The value used to escape values such as slashes and quotes. Default is backslash (\)
- Quote Character: The character used to denote fields. Default is double quotes (")
- Document Type: Sets the base type for the migrated files to either documents or folders
- Maximum number of rows: Including the header. Set to 0 or leave blank to read the entire csv
- Path Field: The header under which file paths are stored
- Path Includes Files: If checked, Simflofy will extract the filename from the value found in the Path Field. Only checked if Path Field is populated
- File Field: The header under which file names are stored
- Id Field: Field which contains the source document Id. If blank, the id will be
- Created Date Field: The field that stores the date the file was created
- File Length Field: The field that stores the file length
- Modified Date Field: The field that stores the date the file was modified
- Path to Files: If set, the connector will prepend this to the file path and search for a file at that location. Include Binaries must also be checked
Output Connection Configurations:
CSV cannot be used as an Output Connection
Content Service Connection
There is no Content Service Connection available for CSV sources.
Looking to integrate with CSV data? We can help.