The Simflofy Exchange Connector allows organizations to read from and move email records from Microsoft Exchange for archiving, integration, indexing etc. Emails may be obtained by crawling Active Directory based on search values (i.e. a* for all users that start with the letter a) and then subsequently crawl Exchange for each email returned by Active Directory. Users may also enter emails in manually to be crawled.
Emails are queried using the date range given by the Simflofy Job allowing only new emails to be processed. Jobs can be run every x minutes/hours or days. Using Simflofy tasks, emails can be included or excluded based on certain metadata fields. Calculated fields may also be used to clean and normalize email metadata fields.
Authentication Connection Configuration
- LDAP Configuration
- Exchange Master Email: Email address of a user that has access to the email addresses that need to be crawled.
- Exchange Master Password: The password of the Exchange Master Email address. (Note: password is encrypted and never displayed in the input form after the Save button is pressed)
- Exchange Master Domain: Domain of the Exchange server to authenticate with if different from the email address. This is usually left blank.
- Exchange URL: URL of Exchange Web Services to query and retrieve emails from. This can be left blank to auto-detect the best server to use.
- Exchange Version: Version of the Exchange Server. For Office 365 use the default value
Only fill this is if your Exchange server uses LDAP Authentication
- LDAP Username: Username to authenticate with and query LDAP.
- LDAP Password: Password for the LDAP Username. (Note: password is encrypted and never displayed in the input form after the Save button is pressed)
- LDAP Domain: Domain of the LDAP server.
- LDAP Base Filter: The base filter to search for your ldap user. Defaults to (&((&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)))
Normally Simflofy Discovery is used to discovery the metadata models of underlying repository. In the case of Microsoft Exchange the Exchange Web Services (EWS) API provides us with the models as things such as Email Message and Calendar Event are static models depending on which version of the EWS you are using.
It is still necessary to run Discovery in order to do Job mappings. You would only need to run Exchange Discovery Once and then use that Discovery for any Exchange Jobs. Using the Exchange Discovery, you can map Email Message fields to the output fields. More info
Discovery Instance Configuration Fields
- Name: Unique name for your connector
- Authentication Connection: Select the auth connector for this discovery
- Ignore Types (comma delimited list): Chose document types to ignore when running discovery
The Exchange Integration Connector only support repository mode
Integration Connection Configuration
- Connection Name: This is a unique name given to the connector instance upon creation.
- Description: A description of the connector to help identify it better.
- Authentication Connection: The Exchange Authentication connection
Job specification includes Job run setting like number of worker threads and batch size, as well as how to query LDAP for email addresses. Job Specification settings are used so different Jobs can use the same Repository Connection Configuration but query and processes emails differently. Click here for details on how to set up an integration job.
Output Configuration Fields
- Batch Size : How many emails returned by Exchange per request (page size). Default is 50. Depending on network speed, average size of the email body etc. (Note: Exchange allows a max page size of 1000. Anything over 1000 and Exchange will lower 1000).
- Folder to Start Crawl : The starting folder of the Crawl. This is typically set to Inbox, however if you want to crawl the entire email account you can set to Root.
- LDAP Search By : You can search by LDAP Username or LDAP Email Address.
- LDAP Search Value : Value to search on, allows wildcard . Example would be if you wanted all Users that start with the letter a then you would enter a
- LDAP Search Base : Domain location to query for users (i.e. DC=Simflofy,DC=com) for Simflofy.com domain. If left blank, the LDAP Domain from the configuration will be used to generate the search base.
- Email Address List : Comma delimited list of email addresses to process. If there is a value in this field, it will override the LDAP search and just process the emails in the textbox. This is commonly used for testing or if a small set of email addresses need to be processed.
Content Service Connection
The source repository ids for exchange are a compound id in the form of
The connector supports the following methods
- Delete Folder
- Delete Object By Id
- Get File Content
- Get Object Properties
- List Folder items